Thursday, May 31, 2012

Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Silence (Hush, Hush #3)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Release Date: October 4th, 2011, hardcover
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:
 
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
*************************************************************
I absolutely love this series. I was a little hesitant about reading this book, because of the cliffhanger ending in Crescendo. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book or not. I didn't like the way the plot story was going with Nora being kidnapped by Hank and having her memory whipped cleaned. I wondered how this would affect her relationship with Patch and her best friend Vee. However, I am surprised by how much it didn't bother me. I thought I would get bored or annoyed at Nora for not remembering things that happened in the first and second book, but I didn't. I actually read through the beginning of the book fairly quickly.

The beginning of Silence starts out with Nora waking up in the cemetery after three months have passed since Crescendo. She doesn't have any memory of how she has gotten there or what has happened since April. Things start to change once she meets Jev and tries to remember what has happened to her.

In the last book, I complained about how much I didn't like Marcie. But I actually started to like her in this book. I never knew for sure if we could trust her or not, but I ended up liking her. I also felt the same way about Nora's best friend, Vee. I notice that a lot of people do not like her at all, but I have always been a fan of Vee. I think she is funny. We also get to meet Scott again. I like him, but he is no way near Patch. Patch is just so awesome. He is really open in this book and I liked that. I can't wait to read more about him in the next book.

I loved everything about this book! It was a very fast-paced quick read and I just didn't want to put it down. I wonder what is going to happen in the next book. I am excited for Finale, but I am sad that this series is ending. I do know that the Hush, Hush series will always be one of my favorites.

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...