Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Top 12 Books of 2012

Hey guys! I know that it has been awhile since I posted anything. I am going to be doing my top 12 books of 2012. They are not listed in any particular order.
Clockwork Prince 
by Cassandra Clare
Margaret K. McElderry Books (December 6th, 2011)
Why: I read this book at the very beginning of the year so it's been awhile and I need Clockwork Princess like right now. Anybody that has read this book understands why. This book and the feels, just oh my gosh. If you guys have time there is this very funny video on youtube called the Mourning Period by Christine from polandbannasBOOKS, it was about how she felt after finishing this book and it fits perfectly.
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads

****************************************************************************
Shatter Me
by Tahereh Mafi
Harper (November 15th, 2011)
Why: One of my very favorite dystopians/sci-fi that I read this year. I am so happy that I am getting a kindle fire for Christmas so that I can finally read Destroy Me! Epppp! It's about this girl named Juliette who can kill people by touching them. It has a very unique writing style like this. I was able to finish this book in one night. I couldn't put it down or stop thinking about it once I finished it. I tend to like always like the guy that won't win the love triangle so I am team Warren on this. I know, I am weird.
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads
 ****************************************************************************
The Fault In Our Stars
by John Green
Dutton Books (January 10th, 2012)
Why: How can I even begin to describe this book? How? My favorite John Green book by far. So beautifully written. I do not think I can describe why I love it so much. The characters are so wonderful and refreshing and just the story of the two teens in this book, Hazel and Augustus, is indescribable. This is my top five favorite books ever and it just might be my favorite read in 2012.
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads 
 ****************************************************************************
Legend
by Marie Lu
Putnam Juvenile (November 29th, 2011)
Why: This book is why I love dystopian YA. This book is told from two different point of views, which I love, and it's about the rich side of town and the poor. I was not expecting to love this book as much as I did. I remember being at college and having a four hour break because my sociology class got cancelled and doing nothing but reading this book. I couldn't believe how much I loved the characters. I honestly can't wait till the next one.
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads
 ****************************************************************************
The Scorpio Races
by Maggie Stiefvater
Scholastic Press (October 18th, 2011)
Why: I love this book so much! This book deserves so much more hype than it has. Maggie Stiefvater has this wonderful talent of writing so beautifully about these two characters and the story of them becoming together and the island that they live on. There should be a lot more books about horses. When I was younger I was absolutely obsessed horses so this was like revisiting that. I wish that she would write more about these characters but the ending was so perfect! A great standalone novel!
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads
****************************************************************************
Lola and the Boy Next Door
by Stephanie Perkins

Dutton Books (September 29th, 2011)
Why: Don't hate me guys, but I kind of didn't like Anna and the French Kiss. Gasp! I know. I think I had such high expectations that it just didn't work out when I read the book. So I went into reading this book with no expectations and loved it so much. Lola and Cricket were just so much fun to read about and I love Lola's crazy outfits and costumes. I am not really into contemporary that much but thanks to this book I realize that I liked it more than I thought I would. I can't wait for the next book and hope to see Lola and Cricket again!
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads
****************************************************************************
Insurgent
by Veronica Roth
HarperTeen (May 1st, 2012)
Why: Divergent was my favorite read in 2011 hands down! I just loved this series so much! I can't believe that I got to wait until next fall for the next book! I have no idea what is going to happen next. I do have to admit that I liked Divergent a little bit better than this one, but I liked this one a whole lot. Tris is such a kick ass character to read from and I can relate to her. I also just love Four. I even met Veronica Roth at a signing for this book so I have both of them signed. I am so happy about that.
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads

****************************************************************************
City of Lost Souls
by Cassandra Clare
Margaret K. McElderry (May 8th, 2012)

Why: I love this series so much! It is probably my favorite series ever. I can't believe that City of Heavenly Fire doesn't come out till 2014. That is almost as bad as the third Divergent book. I have these great memories with this series and just to think that I almost didn't read it. This series definitely does deserve all the hype that it gets. There is just so many twist and turns that I don't see coming and the characters are so great. Clary, Jace, Izzy, Simon and the rest of the gang are just so awesome. If you haven't checked these books out yet I highly recommend them.
Read My Review
Addi it to Goodreads
****************************************************************************
The Golden Lily
by Richelle Mead
Razorbill (June 12th, 2012)

Why: Have I ever talked about how glad I am that Richelle Mead is writing a spinoff series from Vampire Academy. Also that it's about Adrian and Sydney who are complete opposites. When I read this series I fell like I am visting old friends and when I get finished with the book I just want the next one so bad. Adrian and Sydney is like one of my favorite book couples ever. I use to ship Rose and Adrian in the VA series but I am so glad that Sydney is now in the picture. If you have read Vamprie Academy but am scared to read this series, you are totally missing out. The old characters, the world building, and everything is just so good.
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads
****************************************************************************
Bittersweet
by Sarah Ockler
Simon Pulse (January 3rd, 2012)
Why: I was in a reading slump before I read this book and this story definitely got me out of that reading slump thank goodness! It has been awhile since I read a book by Sarah Ockler but now I remember why I loved her previous book, Twenty Boy Summer, so much. Bittersweet is such a feel good read. It's about ice skating, cupcakes, and boys that play hockey. What more do you need from a contemporary ya book?! I didn't write a review for this book but hopefully what I just wrote makes you want to read it!
Add it to Goodreads 
****************************************************************************
Pushing the Limits
by Katie McGarry
Harlequin Teen (July 31st, 2012)
Why: Again another contemporary that I loved this year. This was definitely the year that I discovered many contemporaries that I loved. I haven't heard one person say a negative thing about this book. This is another novel that derserves all the hye that it has. Echo and Noah both have such amazing back stories and you feel for both of them. I also like how it is told in both of their point of views. There is also some mystery that goes on with Echo and you try to figure out what happened to her. I really liked this book a lot and Katie McGarry is writing a companion novel to this about Beth, who was one of Noah's friends, and I am so excited!
Add it to Goodreads
****************************************************************************
The Raven Boys
by Maggie Stiefvater
Scholastic Press (September 18th, 2012)
Why: I have never read anything quite like this book before.Maggie Stiefvater has become one of my favorite authors. I haven't read one book by her that I haven't liked. This book starts out a little slow and confusing but once you get into the story and know the characters you can't put it down or stop thinking about it. The summary is also a little misleading. I thought that I would be reading more about Blue and Gansey but it a lot more than that. I can't wait for the next book and see what adventure the gang goes on next.
Read My Review
Add it to Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...