Friday, June 15, 2012

Follow Friday (4)

This is a weekly theme hosted by Parajunkee's View & Alison Can Read.

Q: Happy Father's Day! Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

This is a difficult question. I went onto goodreads and looked at the books that I have read and picked between two choices!

From YA Books: Luke from the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
I know that Luke isn't her actual dad but I he is a good father to her. He took care of her and loved her as if she was his own. I know that he wasn't in City of Lost Souls that much but I loved what he said to Clary's mom Jocelyn, she said that she wished she would have married Luke instead of Valentine to begin with and Luke replied, "But then we wouldn't have Clary."

From A Classic: Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
He is such a good role model and he taught his children very well and I loved everything that he stood for. He gave wonderful advice to Scout and Jem. If you haven't read this book, what are you waiting for? It is so beautiful.


 
 

14 comments:

  1. I didn't even think of Luke! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by My FF! earlier!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird is a great pick! Wow, I didn't even think of that and I have read it like 3 times!!

    New follower via GFC!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great picks! Luke is so protective of Clary and Jocelyn, and Atticus Finch is one of the greatest literary dads ever.

    Old follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought of Luke but I didn't use him. I've never read To Kill a Mockingbird and I haven't studied it in English yet (might do). Great answers anyway :D

    New follower!!
    My FF @ The Book to my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost picked To Kill a Mockingbird too... BUT its been AGES since I read it and I decided not too.
    great choices

    Old follower

    Theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I still haven't read the Mortal Instruments series. I plan to get around to it eventually, but my TBR list is too long...

    Thank you for the follow - I've followed back via GFC! :)

    (Kimberly @ Love YA Books)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing lots of these answers today! Nice picks!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really glad to see someone else picking Luke - definitely one of my favourite father-figure characters! I've got to admit, I've never actually read To Kill a Mockingbird! Maybe one to do!

    Thanks for stopping by my post - now following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great taste in teams. I'm on a lot of the same teams as you. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atticus is such a great choice! I didn't even think of him. I like Luke too. They're both great dads. :)

    New Follower
    Here's my FF: http://yabookseasons.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-friday-is-meme-hosted-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices!!! I am a new follower!!

    Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping through. Definitely Atticus. I can't believe I didn't think of it. I also agree with Luke. New follower!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI, I am a new follower, I also picked Luke, as he is a great dad in all the ways that count. Here is my FF Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...