Monday, June 4, 2012

The Stefan Diaries: The Craving - L.J. Smith

Title: The Stefan Diaries: The Craving
Author: L.J. Smith
Release Date: May 3rd, 2011, Paperback
Publisher: HarperTeen
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:
 
After his brother, Damon Salvatore, betrays him in New Orleans, Stefan starts over in Manhattan. Vowing never to harm another human, he roams the streets, trying to disappear into the city’s chaos. But just when he thinks he’s left his past behind, Stefan discovers that he can never escape his brother.
Damon has grand plans for the vampire Salvatore brothers—whether Stefan likes it or not. Together, they take New York by storm. When their exploits end up on the society pages, an old enemy resurfaces—one hell-bent on revenge.
*************************************************************
It has been a while since I have read one of the Stefan Diaries books, but once I start reading them I just never want to leave the world of Stefan, Damon, and Lexi! They are all such fun characters to read from and I enjoy seeing more of Lexi since her fate was short on the show. I wish that the TV show never killed her off and that she became a series regular. I could tell that she would be one of my favorite characters.

It is interesting to see all the different things that Stefan did before he met Elena. I can't believe some of the stuff he did! I would love to see this story as a flashback episode! Damon's character is laughable and funny with his usual charm. We also get to meet some new characters which are Lydia, Bridget, and Margret! There is a surprising twist revealed about Margret which was great! We also get to first hear about Klaus! Finally glad that his character is starting to pop up!

I love how this series is coming along and cannot wait to read what will happen to Stefan and Damon next! I also want to add that I love all the diary entries that are in these books! They sound so much like Stefan and so poetic! I love it!

The Stefan Diaries are a short series based off of the TV Show. I know some people get that confused, so I thought that I would clarify that. This is also book #3 in a series of 6 books.

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

1 comment:

  1. I watch the show fairly regularly, and have wanted to read the books for a while ... thx for this review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...