Saturday, April 14, 2012

Under the Never Sky - Veronica Rossi

Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Release Date: January 3rd, 2012, hardcover
Publisher: Harper Collins
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:

Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.
*************************************************************
I enjoyed this book much more than I thought I would. I have loved dystopian novels and couldn't wait to read it, but I didn't seem too many good reviews over it. I was scared that I wouldn't like it, but I actually did. There were some parts that I didn't care for, but overall it was a quick read.

I enjoyed the two main characters Aria and Perry. However, I felt like their whole relationship was rushed. I also loved Aria's relationship with her mother. I wish that we could of gotten more insight on what has actually happened to her. I am also kind of confused about this whole government. I felt like the author didn't go into much detail about it. I also found it somewhat weird that Perry and the savages have supernatural powers. I'm not sure if I like that or not. I will have to read more about it in the next book to make up my mind or not.

There were many shocks in this book that I wasn't prepared for! Especially scenes between Perry and his brother towards the end. I can't wait to read the next book. While I don't think this book was great, since it did have many flaws, I would say that it was the regular YA dystopian novel. It isn't a standout like Divergent or Legend, but it did hold some potential. I recommend this book if you are looking for a quick dystopian read!


Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

1 comment:

  1. I got this book a few weeks back, but I'm still a little wary to start this book because of the negative reviews it has been receiving!
    I'm glad that I came across your positive review! :)
    I might have to read it soon!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...