Saturday, April 28, 2012

Legend - Marie Lu

Title: Legend
Author: Marie Lu
Release Date: November 29th, 2011, hardcover
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.
Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.
*************************************************************
This book had everything that I love in a good YA novel. I seem to love Dystopian novels and this is the perfect example of why I love it. I wasn't too sure how I was going to feel about this book, but I have to give credit to CassJayTuck's book review on YouTube. (She is awesome, if you don't already know about her). But anyways, I have been seeing and hearing about this book nonstop, so I thought that I would finally give it a chance. I am so happy that I did. I loved everything about this book and simply could not put it down.

It is told in alternating chapters between Day and June. I felt each of them had their own unique voice. It also helps that June's chapters have black ink and Days have gold. There was sometimes that I would feel like they were the same person, but I think that Marie Lu wrote it perfectly. There is a line at the end of the book where June says that she and Day were the same person but just grew up in two different places. I think that is a good explanation to show why the two characters were so similar to each other.

I was completely shock by some of the events that happened in this book. I felt so bad for June when Metias died. We only get to meet Metias for a few beginning chapters before he dies, but I still grew to love his character even though I knew his fate from just the summary. I also have to talk about Tess! She was awesome! I can't wait to read more about her in the next book.

Overall, I loved this book and couldn't get enough of it. I cannot wait for the next book. The title is "Prodigy". I can just guess where that will be heading. OMG.


Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...