Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time

This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
This weeks Top Ten is:
This week is a freebie! So I decided to pick
BOOKS I WISH I COULD READ AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME
 
1. Divergent - Veronica Roth
I'm sure you all of heard of my love for Divergent over and over again but it's true. This book is just so good. I remember reading it for the first time and just wanting to go right back from the beginning and experience it all over again. I know a lot of people have problems that it doesn't have enough world building like we don't know why there are different factions and I think that is this point. We don't know because the characters don't know themselves. It is all suppose to be revealed in the third and final book and I can't wait!
 
2. Cracked Up to Be - Courtney Summers
It was a boring July night in 2009 when I picked up Cracked Up to Be and that's when I knew that this book had become one of my all-time favorites. That is when I first was getting into reading and I remember this book made me have all these different crazy emotions. I just want to go back and reread this book over and over again. I will read anything by Courtney Summers. She is a true genius. I still need to read her latest book, "This Is Not a Test." I also highly recommend her other book "Some Girls Are". You haven't read about mean girls until you have read that book.
 
3. The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater
I have always been obsessed with horses and then Maggie Steifvater, one of my favorite authors ever, writes a book about horses! I haven't read anything quite like this before. The relationship between Sean and Puck is just so good for eachother. Such good characters and development. That is the major part for me in a story, the plot could be great, but if the characters aren't any good then I'm not going to like the book. And Maggie Stiefvater sure knows how to write good characters.
 
4. Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins
Don't hate me for saying this but I wasn't that big of a fan of Anna. I just had such high expectations for it to be the best book I ever read and it fell flat. So when I picked up Lola, I didn't have high expectations and it took me completely by surprise by how much I loved it! The love interest name is Cricket! That alone is not reason to love the book.
 
5. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
I have never had a book that made me think so much about stuff. I can't stress how amazing this book is. It's about this girl named Sam who is a mean girl and ends up living the last day of her life seven times. Each time she does stuff different and tries to figure out what is happening, but in the end she does get it right. It is such a meaningful story.
 
6. The Host - Stephenie Meyer
I am so excited for the movie that is coming out in March. The Host is such a good book and in my opinion better than Twilight (and I am big Twilight fan!). The first couple of chapters is really confusing and hard to understand. That's why a lot of people give up on it. If you could get to around page 75 then you should be able to get into it but a lot of people give up before then. I love this book! I just wish she write another book to this! There could be so many possibilities to were it could go!
 
7. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
Everyone probably agrees with me on this. I didn't know this book would be this good. I am a fan of John Green but I read a few of his previous books and thought they were good but not what everyone cracked them up to be and then I finally jumped on the bandwagon when I read this book. This story is like pure poetry. How can someone not love Augustus Waters?! I just want to reread it again from the beginning and not know what is going to happen!
 
8. Bittersweet - Sarah Ockler
I fell in love with Twenty Boy Summer but Bittersweet blew me away! By far the best work done by Sarah Ockler! It is about ice skating, cupcakes, and boys on a hockey team! I don't usually love contemporary a lot but this book is just wonderful. Please go read this! I just wish I could read it again for the first time.
 
9. The Hunger Games Series - Suzanne Collins
This series is just crazy! I want to reread this series but it wouldn't be as good as the first time you read it. I remember reading the ending of Mockingjay and just crying my eyes out. I feel like that girl off of Mean Girls, "I just have a lot of feelings!"
 
10. Shiver Series - Maggie Stiefvater
A lot people hate on this series, but I love it so much. Linger would have to be my favorite in the series. I love Sam and Grace, but I truly think that it is Isabel and Cole that steal the show. I just ship them so hard in my little shipper heart. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...