Thursday, April 18, 2013

Books & Songs

In the booktube world, PadfootandProngs07, has made some videos of songs that she thinks remind her of certain books. I thought that it was awesome, so I decided to make a blog post of some songs that remind me of certain books. I will post the lyrics that remind me of the certain events in the series or book! Hope you enjoy :)
 
The Infernal Devices Series
by Cassandra Clare
 
 This song just screams Will/Tessa/Jem to me. I sometimes feel like this song was especially written for this series. Like "love lost believers" reminds me of Will so much.
 
"Boy with a broken soul, heart with a gapping hole. Dark twisted fantasy, turned to reality. Kissing death, and losing my breath. Midnight hours, cobble street passages, forgotten savages."
 
"These are hard times, these are hard times for dreamers. And love lost believers."

"My highs hit a new low. Marinate in misery, like a girl of only seventeen. Man made madness, and the romance of sadness. A beautiful dance, that happened by chance."




Beautiful Disaster &Walking Disaster
by Jamie McGuire

Still Into You - Paramore
This song pretty much explains Abby and Travis' relationship. Only in a more awesome, less crazy way :)

"You make me feel, make me feel, better. It's not a walk in the park to love eachother. But when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny, you're worth it."

"I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you. I'm into you. And baby even on our worst nights, I'm into you, I'm into you. Let 'em wonder how we got this far, cause I don't really need to wonder at all. Yeah after all this time, I'm still into you."

"You felt the weight of the world fall off your shoulder and to your favorite song, we sang along to the start of forever.
 
 
Never Let Me Go
by Kazuo Ishiguro
 
 LOL, clever right? ;) but I do like the real never let me go song from the movie! But whenever I hear this, I think about Tommy & Kathy.
 
"No need to pray, no need to speak, and now I am under. Oh, and it's breaking over me, a thousand miles down to the seabed, I found a place to rest my head. Never let me go, never let me go, never let me go, never let me go."
 
"Though the pressure's hard to take. It's the only way I can escape. It seems a heavy choice to make, now I am under."
 
"Never let me go, never let me go, never let me go, never let me go, delivered me."
 

 
Insurgent
by Veronica Roth
 
Only If For a Night - Florence + The Machine
This song makes me think of Tris and her mother! I don't know, but for some reason it does. Really any song by Florence makes me think of the Divergent series but this song especially makes me think of Insurgent.
 
"And I had dream about my old school. And she was there all pink and gold and glittery. I threw my arms around her legs (came to weeping, camp to weeping) And I heard your voice, as clear as day, and you told me I should concentrate, it was all so strange and so surrel, that a ghost should be so practical. Only if for a night. And the only soultion was to stand and fight, and my body was brusied and I was set alight."
 
"And the grass was so green aganist my new clothes, and I did cartwheels in your honor, dancing on tiptoes. My own secret ceremonials before the service began."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...