Monday, April 15, 2013

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Title: Unravel Me
Author:  Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: February 5th, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance. She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch. Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.
************************************************************
I forgot how much I love this world and these characters! I thought that Shatter Me was wonderful, but Unravel Me completely hits it out of the park. Unravel Me is even better than Shatter Me was. It was a great sequel and middle book in this trilogy. The characters, the plot, and this crazy world had me hooked from the first page. There was actually moments that I was so shocked by that my jaw completely dropped. I usually can predict upcoming events, but this book just surprised me again and again until the last page.

Unravel Me starts out at Omega Point and two weeks have passed since the ending events of Shatter Me. We found out more details about Kenji, and why exactly Adam and Warner can both touch Juliette. It had been awhile since I have read Shatter Me, but it didn't take any time at all for all those memories to come rushing back to me as entered Juliette's world! Juliette still has some character development ahead of her, but we see her becoming so strong throughout this whole book but it isn't until the very end that she starts to realize her full potential. We also get to see a lot more of Warner and find out some details about his past. I am so happy that I read Destroy Me before this, because I had a little more insight on Warner's character.

For the record, I am totally team Warner. I have been since the first book and I don't think that is going to change anytime soon. I don't hate Adam, I actually really like him with Juliette and if he does end up with Juliette in the end then I am not going to be upset or disappointment. There is just something about Warner that I just love so much. He gets so vulnerable around Juliette and also how awful his father is to him. It is not wonder that he is so messed up, but still that is no excuse for his actions. I think towards the end, he does get some redeeming qualities but he has a long road ahead of him.

There was only one character that I didn't like in this book and that was Castle. He just irritated me to no end! I couldn't stand him! He did have the best intentions for everyone, but I felt like he would come off rude and absurd to Juliette and especially Adam. Other than him, I thought all the other characters were excellent! Well, except for Warner's dad of course.

Overall, I recommend that everyone go pick up this series if you haven't already! It is one of my favorite series and Unravel Me is no doubt one of my favorite reads of 2013. I can't believe the ending page! I seriously turned the page, and when I saw that it was over; I let out a loud gasp! How can Tahereh Mafi just end it like that?! I must know what happens! It will be a long wait for the next book, which I can tell you, I will be purchasing on the day it comes out!
 
Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...