Saturday, April 20, 2013

Prodigy - Marie Lu


Title: Prodigy
Author:  Marie Lu
Release Date: January 29th, 2013
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:
 
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long. But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

In this highly-anticipated sequel, Lu delivers a breathtaking thriller with high stakes and cinematic action.
************************************************************
This book was just so good! I can't even think of what to say to give this book justice. It was such an intense read and I had absolutely no clue what was going to happen next. The characters, the amazing plot, and this world are just so crazy to read about! Such a great sequel to Legend, which I adored so much, and Prodigy didn't disappoint at all. I am all about dystopian reads in YA, and I think this series is an excellent reason of why they are so great. The two main characters Day and June have their own unique problems but come together and they are just so awesome together. I, basically, could read about Day and June all day long if I could.

Prodigy shows a more political side of the republic, where the readers get to meet the new elector Anden. We meet him in the first book, Legend, but he is really involved in this book. There is all this drama that goes with Anden, the Senators, and the Patriots. There is also a bunch of new characters that we are introduced too that involve the Patriots. I totally didn't see a lot of that coming with them and was so surprised by some of the events that happened. I like Anden, I thought he was okay, but he still just doesn't compare to Day for me. I know some people want June and Anden to get together in the next book, but I don't. I think Anden should get his own love interest. Day and June are just so perfect for me. Yes, they have their own good share of problems but that is what makes me love them so much. They balance each other out.

Prodigy is again told in alternating chapters between June and Day just like Legend was. That is one of the things that I love so much about this series. It isn't just told from June's perspective but also from Day's as well. We get to see things from two different points of view. I love reading about them separately when they are both doing their own thing, but when they get together that just makes me want to read more about them.

On to Kaede, I didn't like her in Legend, but oh my gosh, was she so absolutely brilliant in Prodigy. There is this scene with her, June, and Day towards the end of the book that I was freaking out about so much. I could actually feel my heart racing and I couldn't read fast enough to find out what would happen! Also want to mention that I wasn't a big fan of Tess in this. I still like her and I understand why she said the things she did and her actions but she just annoyed me to read about. However, I don't hate her but actually grew a new appreciation for her. I wonder what will happen to her in the next book. That should be interesting.

In case you haven't noticed yet, I LOVED this book! I am so anticipating the next book Champion so much. There were so many epic moments in Prodigy. This book is one of the best books of 2013 no doubt! Pick up this series if you haven't yet, it is for sure one of the best in YA. I can't give it enough praise.
 
Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...