Friday, November 25, 2011

Where She Went - Gayle Forman

Title: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Release Date: April 5, 2011, hardcover
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.
*****************************************
This book was amazingly beautiful. I loved everything about it. I can’t even find the words to describe how wonderful this story is. It was so much better than the first book, “If I Stay.” I was so captivated into the story that I couldn’t think about anything else, and wouldn’t put the book down until I knew what would happen between Adam and Mia.

I just loved Adam’s point of view. It made the whole story so much more interesting. I loved his character. The writing was perfect. It made you feel Adam’s pain and his love for Mia. Although, I sometimes would get mad at Mia for treating Adam like that – I stilled liked her. I kept wondering how these things was going to become resolved between the two. I loved everything that they did in New York together. It was flawless.

I also loved how it went from the present back to the past. I couldn’t think of anything else that would have helped the story more. I just kept wondering what happened after Mia decided to “stay” in the first book. The way that Adam described it was so painfully real and made such a clear picture in my mind. I don't think that Adam deserved to be treated that way. I understand what Mia was coming from. And I have no right to judge, because I have never been in a situation like that, so I have no idea what I would do.

I loved how everything tied back in the first book. I just can’t say enough good things about this book. I JUST LOVED IT! Simple as that. Everybody needs to go out and read this, especially if you have read the first one. Adam and Mia have become one of my favorite book characters for 2011. Gayle Forman is a genius! The way this story is told is just flawless. By the way, I also loved all the lyrics from Adam’s song at the beginning of the chapters. It made me wish they were real. They were so true to the situation of Mia and Adam also. Loved it!

Before I end this, I want to talk about one of my favorite scenes in the whole book was when Adam was at Mia’s house and he realizes that she bought his guitar from an auction. I thought that was wonderful, awesome, perfect, epic, amazing, beautiful.

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...