Thursday, May 24, 2012

Until I Die - Amy Plum

Title: Until I Die
Author: Amy Plum
Release Date: May 8th, 2012, hardcover
Publisher: HarperCollins
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:
 
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.
*************************************************************
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I read the first one not too long ago and wasn't that impressed. A lot of my problem was that it seemed too slow-paced and too cheesy! I remember rolling my eyes at some parts because the romance was just too thick. However, Until I Die was a nice surprise and I ended up actually liking the characters and couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen to them all.

Until I Die introduces to two new characters; Violette and Arthur. Right from the beginning I knew not to trust Violette. There was just something about her that didn't seem right. While the ending with Violette was so predictable, I didn't mind reading about it even though I already had figured out what was going to happen a few chapters back. I really liked Arthur and thought he was nice addition to the mix. I love the relationship between him and Georgia. I cannot wait to see where that will be heading in the next book. I am hoping for some good stuff! It's about time Georgia gets a good guy and Arthur seems sweet.

The main character, Kate, isn't my favorite to read from. While I do like her at times, she would just get all my nerves. I felt like she would make a lot of dumb decisions, although she always had a reason for doing what she did; I just couldn't understand her reasoning for it. There was just time where I wanted to jump into the book and scream at her. She can be one of the most gullible heroines that I have ever read from.

People aren't going to like what I am about to say, but I'm going to say it anyways. I don't like Vincent that much. I'm sorry but he is just so cheesy and I don't feel like there is any chemistry between him and Kate. I would become bored and wanted to find out what was going to happen next whenever they were together. When I finished the first book I thought that the author was going to introduce a love triangle and I guess that I was wrong. I was hoping that Jules and Kate would have some action in this book. There I said it; I like Jules more than Vincent. It seems like Jules actually has a personality unlike Vincent. There were times when Kate and Jules would have moments but nothing really ever came out of them. Now that I know that this series is just going to be a trilogy and with the way that this book ended I don't really see Kate and Jules becoming an item.
[UGHHHHHHH. EXCUSE ME WHILE I FANGIRL OVER THEM. THAT IS WHY I PUT THIS UNDER A SPOILER TAG. IT MIGHT OFFEND THE HARDCORE VINCENT FANS. I JUST LOVE JULES. I WANT JULES AND KATE TOGETHER FOREVER. I WANT KATE TO BECOME A REVENANT WITH JULES. WHILE VINCENT CAN JUST GO DISAPPEAR AND BE A DUMB CHAMPION WITH HIMSELF. (hide spoil
Anyways, I am excited for the next book. I can't believe that I have to wait for a whole year. She sure left it with a cliffhanger. Why do authors do this to us? *sigh*

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...