Saturday, May 26, 2012

Endure - Carrie Jones

Title: Endure
Author: Carrie Jones
Release Date: May 8th, 2012, hardcover
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:
 
Zara is at the center of an all-out war, and an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Bedford is being ravaged by evil pixies and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends, she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet.

Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king…Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.
*************************************************************
Endure was a very quick read. I have been wondering how Carrie Jones would wrap up this series. The last book, Entice, had such a cliff-hanger ending and I already had in my mind of how I hoped she would end the series. My favorite book out the series would have to be Captivate, I just absolutely loved that novel and that was the first time we were introduced to Astley! I don't know if I would love this series as much if it wasn't for Astley. He is my favorite character in the series.

I am very satisfied with the ending. I wish that there would be another book in the series that would show more of Zara and Astley relationship together. I swear sometimes Nick would just get all my nerves in this book! I never really liked him in the previous novels either; I have always been a huge Astley fan. I was happy when Zara finally accepted her feelings for him. I also forgot how much I loved her friend Issie. She was hilarious! It is always nice to have some comical relief!

I wish this book wouldn't have been so short. I felt like sometimes I was forgetting small details, but it all came back to me in the end. I have all notice that these series that I started long time ago have been having short ending books. For example, Destined by Aprilynne Pike, that book was so short! I would of liked the finale to be just a little bit longer, because I love these characters. The only problem that I have with this series is that I read Entice a year and a half ago so it was really hard to get back into this series. I feel like it would be better if people could read them in all in a row, so you wouldn't lose the feel of this truly magical world that Carrie Jones has created.

Overall, I am happy with the ending. I don't want to give away any spoilers but I believe that everyone will enjoy it! I forgot how enchanting this world can be with the snowy Maine and blue Pixies. I also forgot how they leave gold where ever they walk! How could I forget about that? Anyways, very sad to see this series end! I will always miss Astley and Zara and their pixie world!

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...