Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fracture - Megan Miranda

Title: Fracture
Author: Megan Miranda
Release Date: January 7th, 2012, Hardcover
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:
 
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?
*************************************************************
I really loved this book. I knew from the first chapter that this was going to be one of my favorites this year. I have yet to read a good 2012 Debut Author book for my challenge this year and I have finally found one that I just love! Fracture is very creepy and dark at times and I liked it!

It's the beginning of December and Delaney Maxwell and her best guy friend Decker are heading to school. Delaney and Decker start walking across this frozen lake but Delaney falls through. She was under water for eleven minutes. Everybody thought for sure that she would die but Decker saved her life. The real story then starts with Delaney waking up in the hospital and coming to turns with what has happened.

I really enjoyed Megan Miranda's writing style. It was smooth and quick to read. I am really impressed and jealous of her ability to make you fall so in love with a world and characters with this just being her first book. She is really descriptive of the cold winter and sometimes I would laugh to myself because it is currently 95 degrees outside. I would suggest reading this during the winter that would make the whole storytelling even better.

The main characters Delaney, Decker, and Troy were great. I loved the surprising twist that the author threw in with Troy. I was not expecting for it to end the way that it did. I am glad that this book wasn't a love triangle. For everyone that thinks this book has this is wrong. Delaney does become interested in Troy for a little bit, but that quickly dismissed. It is mostly about Delaney and Decker's relationship with each other. Delaney was really likable and I felt like I would be similar if I went through such an experience as she did. I loved her friend Decker! He was the best and I just couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next with him. I am satisfied with the ending between Delaney and Decker.

Overall I really loved this book! I recommend it for everybody who wants a quick paranormal read, even though the paranormal element isn't that much. It is mostly just about Delaney's "gift" after she wakes up out of a coma. I am so EXCITED for the next book! I can't believe that Megan Miranda is writing another one! However I do not want to wait until 2014 and I also have heard that it is going to be a companion novel. Are you guys as excited as I am? I need some more Decker!

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree - this was SUCH a great book. I was totally mesmerized by the writing style and the mystery of it all - it was just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...