Friday, December 9, 2011

Trapped - Michael Northrop

Title: Trapped
Author: Michael Northrop
Release Date: January 1, 2011 hardcover
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:

The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive....

Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn't seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders.

As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision...

*****************************************

I have been excited to read this book for a long time. It sounded so interesting, seven teenagers stuck in a high school during a blizzard. So when I saw this book at my local library, I just had to pick it up. "Trapped" was really good. It was definitely not what I was expecting. I wouldn't say that is a bad thing, but I wish the book was longer than only a 232 pages. I needed more action and romance! I also needed a better conclusion. The ending was pretty much the only reason I decided to rate this book four stars.

The ending of this book is ridiculous. Has this author ever heard of an epilogue? Geeezz.... The book just ends. We don't know what happens to the rest of the gang at the high school, what happened to their parents, or anything. Ugh. The only reason I can think of why the author did that was because he wanted the reader to make their own conclusions of what happened to all the characters. I don't like that all. I like to be told what happened. That is the first thing that I was disappointed about in this book. The second disappointment was I wanted more of a storyline between the seven teenagers, than just trying to find a way to survive. I understand that is the whole basic idea of this book, but I was hoping for something just a little bit more.

Overall, I really did like this book. I just wish that there would have been more to the story. My favorite characters we're definitely Krista and Elijah. I can't wait to see what other people think of this book!

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...