Friday, December 30, 2011

My top 10 Books of 2011

Here I am going to list my favorite top ten books that I read in 2011. I hope you all will enjoy this and post what your favorite books you read in 2011! This was a wonderful amazing book year for me. I have a lot of good choices that I picked to show everybody today! I also got this idea and style of this post from Jessica at Confessions of a Bookaholic. I really recommend checking out her blog, I love it!

Divergent
by Veronica Roth
Katherine Tegen Books (May 3rd, 2011)

Why: I absolutely just loved this book. There wasn't a thing that I disliked about it all. At first I wasn't too sure that I would like this book, but it wonderful. Tris is an awesome strong character to read from, and there isn't a boring moment at all. I can't say enough good moments about this book.

Add it to Goodreads
******************************************************************************************************************
Bloodlines
by Richelle Mead
Razorbill (August 23rd, 2011)

Why: How could I not post this book? I knew that I was going to love this story and characters. As soon as I read that it was going to be from Sydney's point of view and that Adrian was going to be in it, my mind pretty much went like this, "OH MY GOD... I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!" So yeah, it didn't disappoint at all and I can't wait till the next book in the series. An awesome read for all the hardcore VA fans out there!
Add it to Goodreads
******************************************************************************************************************
Forever
by Maggie Stiefvater
Scholastic, Inc. (July 12th, 2011)

Why: I have been a huge fan of this series since the beginning. I read both Linger and Forever this year and fell in love with this series all over again. I was a fan of both of the love stories told in this series. I will always be a fan of Grace & Sam, but Isobel and Cole stole my heart also. I was satisfied with the ending and felt like this was a beautiful story.
Add it to Goodreads
******************************************************************************************************************
City of Fallen Angels
by Cassandra Clare
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (April 5th, 2011)

Why: Do I really need to say anything? 2011 was the year I discovered the Mortal Instrument series, so that just makes the year awesome in its self. The reason I didn't read this series sooner was because of all the hype. However, I am glad that I read this series. Even if you don't want to read them - you should just for Jace ;)
Add it to Goodreads
******************************************************************************************************************
Delirium
by Lauren Oliver
HarperTeen (February 1st, 2011)

Why: This book was beautiful and one of my all time favorite books ever! The plot line of this book is crazy good! It is crazy to think that in the future we could think of "being in love" like having a sickness or disease. Lauren Oliver is an wonderful writer who really makes you feel like you are living in this story. The main character Lena was very easy to relate too and easy to read from. I highly recommend this book!
Add it to Goodreads
******************************************************************************************************************
The Dark and Hollow Places
by Carrie Ryan
Delacorte Books for Young Readers (March 22nd, 2011)

Why: I am sad that this series has come to end. It is one of my all time favorite book series. I just loved everything about this book. It was awesome and totally didn't disappoint from the previous two books. The cover is gorgeous too! Annah has probably become my one of my favorite characters ever.
Add it to Goodreads 
******************************************************************************************************************
The Hunger Games 
by Suzanne Collins
Scholastic, Inc (October 1st, 2008)

Why: Yes, yes I just did read these book this year. I know I should been ashamed of myself! Haha! All of the books in this series was amazing, I loved everything that these books consisted of. I can't believe how long it took me to read them. Don't be like me and wait forever! Everybody should read these, especially since the movie is coming out in about 3 months.
Add it to Goodreads
******************************************************************************************************************
Starcrossed
by Josephine Angelini
HarperTeen (May 31st, 2011)

Why: This book was such an amazing read! I didn't think I would love this book as much as I did. The concept is awesome and everything was awesome! And that ending was a crazy cliff-hanger! The characters are what made this book so awesome and the whole plot twist around Helen's love interest was great! This book derserves more hype than it does!
Add it to Goodreads
******************************************************************************************************************
 
Where She Went
by Gayle Forman
Dutton Juvenile (April 5th, 2011)

Why: I enjoyed this book way more than If I Stay. I loved Adam's point of view and everything that happened in this book. The whole book takes place in a 24 hr time period and it was nothing but great! I loved knowing what happened to Adam and Mia after how If I Stay ended. The writing was perfect!
Add it to Goodreads
*******************************************************************************************
Clockwork Angel
by Cassandra Clare
Margaret K. McElderry (August 31st, 2010)

Why: I love reading historical paranormal romances! Just to let everybody know I am team Will. I love him way  more than Jem. I can't wait to get started on Clockwork Prince. I am only about 100 pages into it and can already tell I am going to love it just as much as this one. Cassandra Clare has a way of writing that just makes you fall in love with the characters.
Add it to Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...