Monday, October 29, 2012

Taylor Swift's Red Album Review

Hey guys! In case you didn't know I am a huge Taylor Swift fan. Last week her new CD "Red" came out on Monday, October 22nd. If you haven't checked it out yet, you really should. During the summer of 2011 I went to see her in concert for the first time during her Speak Now Tour. She is probably one of my favorite celebrities. I thought that today I would do a mini review over a few of my favorite songs that are on the album and my thoughts on it as a whole. I like all the songs on the album but my favorites would be: State of Grace, Red, Stay Stay Stay, and Begin Again. I am going to break these down and talk about each one.
 

State of Grace
This is the first track off the album and I think that it was the perfect pick. In a interview with Taylor she said that this is like an introduction to all the other songs. My favorite line is, "Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right." I just love that so much. It also has a different sound than her usual stuff. It still has a country vibe but does a little bit of pop thrown in there. I like that she is maturing and not sounding the same as she does on the previous albums.
 
 Red
If I had to pick which would be my absoulte favorite song, it would be this one. I remember when I first heard it on iTunes when she released it for the first time. I just couldn't help but fall in love with it. I like how she uses colors to describe different emotions. It is so catchy that I can't stop listening to it or singing it. I remember driving to school when the leaves were all red; falling down on the road and I had this song playing. My favorite line is, "Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song." 

                               Stay Stay Stay
When I first heard this song, I knew right away that this would be one of my favorites off the album. It is just so fun and makes you feel so happy. And after listening to all the depressing songs I felt like this song was really needed. I can't help but laugh and just smile whenever I listen to it. It also reminds of Taylor's Speak Now CD, it feels like it has the same vibe to it. I have to favorite parts in this song. The first is, "This morning I said we should talk about it. Cause I read you should never leave a fight unresolved. That's when you came in wearing a football helmet and said "okay, let's talk."
 
Begin Again
Have you gues seen the music video to this yet?! It is just so perfect. It is like a country/pop mix and the words are just so wonderful. I loved this the first time I heard it. I have no idea how Taylor Swift manages to write such relatable songs. I think everyone can agree that Begin Again is one of the best on the whole album. My favorite line is, "Walked in expecting you'd be late but you got here early and you stand and wave. I walk to you." I also really like this part too, "I've been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end. But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again." :)

Those are just my top pick favorites. Some others that I like really well are All Too Well, I Almost Do, Starlight, and The Last Time which is a duet done with the guy from Snow Patrol. Also if you are able I would purchase the Target exculsive cause there are three extra songs on there are really good also. There is this song called The Moment I Knew and this is crazy but that song actually made me cry. Everyone should just go listen to it themselves. It is a truly touching song that will make your heart ache. Taylor also just released her upcoming Red Tour for 2013! Do any of you plan on going?! I will be attending the one on April 26th in Indianapolis, Indiana. Did you guys also know that Ed Sheeran is going on tour with her as a special guest?! AGH!!!! :) :) :) I just can't stop smiling and freaking out! It is for sure to be a great show!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Olivia! I like that you are very lyric-based, like me. :) My favorite word/idea-wise is "I Almost Do" and I will also be front and center at this tour like I have been the previous two; I believe that songwriters are the most unappreciated of all writers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...