Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines (9)

This weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This weeks Top Ten is:
FAVORITE KICK-ASS HEROINES
 
1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
Yes, I am being totally cliche` with this and having Katniss as my first pick but I can't help it. I just love Katniss so much. She is so kick-ass and just awesome. If you haven't read the Hunger Games, you need to stop whatever you are doing and go read it right now. However, I am pretty sure that everyone has already read them by now. My favorite moment of her kick ass skills is in the last book towards the end with President Snow & Coin. That is probably my most favorite scene in the whole book series if I'm being honest.
 
2. Clary Fray (The Mortal Instruments)
I picked Clary for this because I just love the whole shadowhunter world and fits into it perfectly. If you haven't read the latest book in the series, City of Lost Souls, you really need to know. We finally get to see Clary stick up for herself and she fights and it is just awesome. I love the scenes when Jace and her would fight against the demons side by side. I can't help it, I get so fangirly over this series :)
 
3. Tris Prior (Divergent)
I just love these books so much. I cannot even explain how much I love these books. Divergent is around 500 pages or so and I read it all in one day. I just couldn't put it down. Tris is so much fun to read from. She is smart, tough, and awesome. She fights against the government and goes into battles. It is just so good!
 
4. Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy)
Of course I was going to put Rose on here. She is a dhampir, which means that she is part vampire and part human. She is a body guard for her best friend Lissa who is a full vampire. Rose battles the strigoi in the whole series and even Dimitri! There is so much action in these books! I also got to give a shout out to Sydney in the Bloodlines series. I love how she is completely opposite of Rose but still manages to hold her own and be kick-ass at the same time.
 
5. Helen Hamilton (Starcrossed)
If anyone has read the latest book in the series, Dreamless, then you know exactly why I put Helen on this list. She had it so bad in the last book. She is one tough girl to be able to deal with what all she had to do. She descends to the underworld every night just to die down there and come back all exhausted, bloody, and dirty. She was also doing this all alone through the first half of the book. Not to mention she had some pretty mean stuff done to her in this book.
 
6. Meghan Chase (The Iron King)
I still have yet to read the last book in the series, so I am not completely sure how it ends yet. However, from the first three books that I have read Meghan has to be one of my favorite characters of all time. She is just so likable to read from plus she takes on the Iron King to find her brother. She sticks up for her family and won't let anything happen to them. I really like that about her.
 
7. June Iparis (Legend)
This is a futuristic world where June is in the military of a very controlling government. She can pretty much beat anyone or kill them if she wants too. There is another main character in the story Day and I loved him as well. My favorite line from the book is towards the end when June says that her and Day is the same person but just grew up in two different places.
 
8. Juliette Ferrars (Shatter Me)
I really need to read Destroy Me. I asked my parents for a Kindle Fire for Christmas, so I should be able to read it soon. I usually like to be the person who likes opposite of what everyone else does, so I really like Warner and Juliette a lot. I don't hate Adam or anything but I just like Warner so I can't wait to read Destroy Me. Juliette can kill people with her touch. I think that pretty much qualifies as being bad ass!
 
9. Echo Emerson (Pushing the Limits)
Since it seemed like all my picks have either been from a Dystopian or Fantasy world I decided to change it up and pick one from a contemporary novel. I recently read Pushing the Limits and I cannot say enough good things about it. It is definitely one of my favorite debuts of the year. Echo is so strong for everything she had to go through. She goes through times wonder if her brain is going to crack and she is going to go insane but she doesn't. I also loved reading about her and Noah's relationship.
 
The Forest of Hands and Teeth have to be one of my all time favorite book series and Annah is my favorite character out of all three books. I feel like Annah had to go through so much. She has scars on the side of her face and she feels ugly because of it and the one boy she loves is in love with her sister. She struggles to stay strong but has the help of Catcher and they fight against the zombies to find a better place. It is such a good book series, please read it if you haven't yet.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome list! Rose Juliette and Tris are such great characters and are so strong! Great list of heroines :) Check out my Top Ten:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pshh, cliche or not, Katniss deserves a place on this list.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...