Monday, January 9, 2012

Crossed - Ally Condie

Title: Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Release Date: November 1st, 2011, hardcover
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Group: Young Adult Literature
Rating:

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.
******************************************************
I don't know what it is about this series, but I love it. I know that a lot people think that it is boring or they just dislike the idea of it. And that could be one of the reasons why I like it so much. I went into read this series with very low expectations. I figured that I wouldn't like it either. However, I love these books.

I liked Crossed way better than Matched. I love how it was told in both Cassia and Ky's point of views. That just made me love Ky even more. I feel truly sorry for the situations that they are in. The first part of the book went super-fast for me. I couldn't put it down until I knew that Cassia would find Ky again. They finally reunite and it was lovely! I love the whole relationship between Ky and Cassia. We get to meet some new characters: Indie, Eli, and Vick. I loved them all. I was never that suspicious of Indie till I got to see her through Ky's point of view. I like Indie, even if she did steal from Cassia in the beginning. I am sensing another component to the love triangle: Indie + Xander! Cassia even said toward the ending, "You like Xander?" That will be totally awesome to see in the next book!

One of the plot lines that I loved in this book was Xander's secret. Totally wasn't expecting that at all. It drove me nuts trying to figure it out! At first I wasn't that sure if Ky even knew what it was, but now I realize he was just acting like that in front of Indie. The Rising is mentioned throughout the whole book. We also get to learn a little bit more about the Society and about the outer provinces. That was all interesting at times, but it felt like information overload at times.

A thing that I didn't understand in this book was why Ky was so resistant about going to the Rising? Was it because Ky's dad was a part of the Rising and it destroyed his family? That never made sense to me. What was he expecting to do after they escaped? Just live in that empty village, where all the farmers were killed? I was curious to what would have happen if Cassia would have went to the Rising and he didn't come. Would he have seriously stayed there? I am happy that it didn't turn out like that. If anyone knows why Ky didn't want to do it, please leave a comment. Maybe I skimmed that part or forgot that I read it.

I am so excited for the next book. I am kind of sad to see the story end, and I hope that it would be told from all three points of view this time. It would be interesting to see things from Xander, along with Ky and Cassia. That is what I am hoping for. I also believe that Indie is going to be in the mix with Xander. Overall, I really enjoyed this book.

Plot:
Characters:
Writing:
Ending:
Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...